Friday, February 26, 2010

Inlet Sesh

The trend of weird winds continues in Florida. The other day we had a Northwest breeze that was rideable from South Causeway Park in Fort Pierce for a short time while the tidal current was favorable. I started windsurfing with a 5.5 sail and a small board, then the wind lightened up and I did some kiteboarding. I took video with my GoPro camera mounted on a helmet. The video color and quality seemed to degrade a bit when I uploaded it to Vimeo. Oh, well.

Windsurfing and Kiting in Fort Pierce Inlet from James Douglass on Vimeo.

2 comments:

HD said...

Hi,
great blog site and sad to read the piece on the death of a kiteboarder. Is the footage you used today taken with the HD pro or just a normal one ? Winds have just returned here...and its finally starting to warm up,

James Douglass said...

Howard- Thanks for checking out the blog. The footage for this video was taken with the HD GoPro. Hope you get some warm winds up there soon!