Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Very Windy Session with 3.5 Sail

My smallest windsurfing sail is 3.5 meters squared. Mostly it collects mildew at the bottom of the pile in my van, since to use it requires exceptionally strong wind. But Saturday we had exceptionally strong NW wind in SW Florida, and I got to use the sail for an unprecedented two hours of uninterrupted major wind power. It was totally bananas. I wore my helmet with a GoPro camera mount and took the film for this video. The song is by The Prodigy.

Very Windy Day 1-23-16 from James Douglass on Vimeo.



I extracted this still from the video because I thought it was cool how it showed my shadow during a jump. Makes me want to get out there again and try to go higher next time.

1 comment:

SAB said...

Excellent vid. Nice to hear suitable music being used for a change too. Looked like a fun day!