Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The "Treasure Coast" Windsurfing Scene

I'm starting to meet my East-Central Florida windsurfing neighbors now, at least in cyberspace. Here's what I've learned so far:

There's a yahoo email list / bulletin board called the "ECFW". It seems to cover a broad area from around Cape Canaveral down to just above West Palm Beach, as illustrated in their map of launch sites (see below).


View Larger Map

Then there's the "Treasure Coast Windsurfing" blog and bulletin board, which are run by some guys who mainly windsurf around the town of Stuart. That's not too far from me, so I'll have to go check them out soon.

2 comments:

Andy Davis said...

James:
Interested in your windsurfing calculator. I'm a windsurfer/naval architect in N. California. Was thinking about blogging about fins.
http://tallshipdesigner.blogspot.com/

I have some questions about your methods. Email me any@tricoastal.com, or call 510-235-7770

Andy Davis said...

I wrote the wrong email!:
andy@tricoastal.com