Friday, May 6, 2011

Double Rainbow, Sunset, Josh Angulo, Frontside Rides, Etc

Woo hoo! This is such a cool day. It's bright and sunny, it's a Friday, my new roommate just gave me $1125 in cash, I'm about to go windsurfing, and Josh Angulo just moved to Nahant with a garage-load of windsurfing gear that I can use and you can demo, like, whenever.

Here's Angulo in his garage with a ton of "Gun" brand sails. They're good sails and they're cheap, and you can test-ride them in Nahant if you want. I've got a 6.3 in my car now, and Josh's custom twin-fin waveboard on my roof. Heh heh heh.

Photobucket

Last night was a killer windsurfing session, too. Beautiful rainbow and sunset and LONG front-side rides on small, clean swells. I filmed it with my GoPro camera.

10 comments:

Brian S said...

Glassy smooth, no whitecaps and a 5.5 m2! Better bottle that and sell it.

Kyle said...

Any idea when Gun will be available for purchase via the web?

Kyle said...

PS super sick video. I really got into that and started to feel like I was right there with you!

Brian said...

James... looks like Christmas came early this year!

James Douglass said...

Brian S- Yep, that's Nahant! I'd sell it but it's free.

Kyle- Thanks for the stoke on my video. Angulo told me to post this answer for ya: "Kyle , www.gunsails-us.com is still getting fine tuned , but you can definitely buy sails there right now. Any questions you can email me at joshangulo@Mac.com or call me at 781 605 7439 or through the contact page on the site. Give me a ring.
Aloha, Josh"

Brian- Sure did.

joe windsurfer said...

Josh is in the garage with "new" GUN sails n masts - what's with the mouth protection - dusty sails ?? he he he

James Douglass said...

Hey Joe- When I got to his house Josh was going full blast on a bunch of remodeling projects, like tearing out and replacing sinks and stuff. That's what the mast was for.

drysuit2 said...

Sweeeet!

petley-jones & co. said...

Wow how lucky are you. Josh Angulo moves next door with a bunch of gear you can borrow. Your wave sailing better improve!

James Douglass said...

Petley- I reckon my wavesailing has nowhere to go but up. :)