Monday, November 3, 2014

Classic 4.2 Windsurfing Day at Wiggins Pass

A strong cold front hit South Florida this weekend, bringing North and Northwest winds and dropping nighttime lows below 10 C. At Wiggins Pass State Park on Saturday the windsurfing conditions were as good as I've ever seen in SW Florida. I first went out on a 5.5 sail with my 83 liter Starboard Evo, but soon decided to rig down to my rarely-used 4.2 sail. Even with the 4.2 there was plenty of power to get jumps and to ride the waves. There were lots of kiterboarders and a handful of other windsurfers, including some talented riders from out of town. I saw one guy do a "tabletop" jump that was super rad, and the same guy was doing quick duck-jibes and fast-tacks. It reminded me that I should keep challenging myself because there's a lot more cool stuff to learn in this sport.

I made a helmet-camera video and set it to the song "Orgasmatron" by Sepultura.

Big Cold Front 4.2 Windsurfing 11-1-14 from James Douglass on Vimeo.



I have some more video from the 5.5 sail part of Saturday, and a WindSUP session on Sunday, which I may append to this post later.

1 comment:

boardsurfr said...

Love the movie! Glad to see you got some good conditions down there.