Monday, September 5, 2011

My New Stand-up Paddleboard

I bit the bullet last week and bought myself a S.U.P. It's an Angulo 'Surfa,' 315 cm long x 80 cm wide, 170 liters volume, thruster fin setup, 2/3 deck pad, with a full mast track for windsurfing. It has a lot of tail rocker for maneuverability on the waves, so it's not going to plane with a sail in flat water, but it should be able to wavesail well. So far I've had it out a couple times with the paddle in small to medium waves, and it's really great. I can tell that there is a lot of performance potential in the board that I'll be able to unlock as my surfing skills develop, so I'm looking forward to spending a lot of time on the water with it. Here's a video from Saturday at "Short Beach" in Nahant...



The board is also wide and stable enough to accommodate new-paddlers and windsurfers. It even floated my sweetheart's 66 pound English Bulldog "Buri," who, despite not being able to swim, seemed to take naturally to SUP. We had one doggy SUP session at the flatwater "Dog Beach" in Nahant, and then another doggy SUP "photoshoot" at the pool at Rhonda's mom's house.

Photobucket

2 comments:

PeconicPuffin said...

The bulldog is outstanding!

Lady Notorious said...

I love the new SUP! Big points for rocking the purple.

It looked great shredding this weekend, looking forward to more SUP videos during Rocktober.

Not long til Buri is catching some waves himself, I think.