Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Does Jesus want me to quit kiteboarding?

The last two times I went kiteboarding a bladder leaked. The first time it was just a detached valve on one of the small struts, and I was able to glue it back on with shoe goo. Most recently, though, it was the big leading-edge bladder, which I'm reluctant to remove and mess with myself. I wonder if I should pay to fix it or just f--- it and get rid of all my kite gear for a few hundred bucks. The fact that two bladders have leaked consecutively makes me think the other strut bladders could be about to go, as well, even though the kite has barely been used. Someone told me that bladders self-destruct if the kite is left in a hot car. That seems pretty hard to avoid, though. What if you have two kites, or kite and windsurf gear, both in your car, and you're not sure which you want to use until you get to the beach?

Also, my car broke again today, I need a new computer, and I have student loans to pay. Thank goodness I'm not wasting my money on anything frivolous like dating.

10 comments:

Johnny Douglass said...

Yes, Jesus does want you to stop kite boarding. He's been beating up on me a little bit lately too but I'm not sure what he wants from me.

James Douglass said...

He's probably trying to tell you that you should go windsurfing some more before your wetsuit gets too tight.

uglyjiber said...

1 kite = five dates (if you're cheap).

James Douglass said...

Wait, does that mean it gets me 5 dates or it costs as much as 5 dates? If it's the former, maybe I'll hang on to it for a while.

Catapulting Aaron said...

Jesus wants you to continue kiting, he just keeps mistiming the breakage. He's trying to take you out, ya fricken heathen!

PeconicPuffin said...

Don't underestimate dating or windsurfing. You'll find a way to handle the student loans and the computer. Reallocate your kiting resources accordingly, and jog or freestyle when conditions are subplaning.

.02

Scott F said...

I think he is trying to save you from going to the dark side. I just cant understand how being dragged and teabagged is fun. I think he likes you too much to slam you into a wall so he is just messing up your equipment. You are too good of a guy and an ambassador for our sport to lose to kiting.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Jesus does want you to stop kite boarding.....


___________________
Andrew
Get your company name famous across the world with online marketing

Unknown said...

He doesn't want you to STOP kiteboarding, but I think there is a guidance of a higher power happening here. I believe that Jesus wants you to kitesurf, but he wants you to keep you priorities straight. You must keep windsurfing first. If you can windsurf you must do that above all else. Only in cases where you are unable to windsurf should you consider kitesurfing. Mastelogians 460:15 extension says, "And thou shalt use as thy first choice the stick that contains the mast track. But if for any lack of wind or ability of skill thou shalt be permitted the stick that holds no mast, for that is the way of the slacker."

James Douglass said...

Preach on, Ottis! :)